I hope you choke!

This is just a figment of my imagination - I would suggest you read this while listening to the song 'Ticks and Leeches'. If you don't have the song or if you are too lazy to download it, you might as well skip this article.

Edit - After a couple of feed back comments, I thought I should give a bit more background to this post. Ok, so the timings are that of the song. The length of the song is 8 minutes and 10 seconds. I listened to the song for the first time at 4 am in the morning. Hence, the start time. While listening to the song, I was just picturing the below scenes in my head. The timings and the partial lyrics will just guide you through the song. Hence, my initial suggestion. People reckon that this song is Tool's experience with the music industry - who ask too much of them, bleeding them dry. If you still don't get what I've written, well, not a problem. It was made obscure by intention! Cheers!
 

4:00:00 AM

The beat of the drums, echoing in my head. I was sprinting through the dark jungle, one arm busy cutting across the vines, and the other shielding my eyes. The violent rain beating down on my face in fury. A dark mystic force trying to chase me away from a place where I didn’t belong. There was absolutely no sound except for the drums. I wondered, for a second, if it was my own heartbeat. And then…

4:00:12 AM

Dang ta-dang dang ta-dang
dang ta-dang dang ta-dang

The slow build up of the music was propelling me further into the pitch black woods. The trees were lashing out at me with their long arms, as I ran into the darkness.

DANG TA-DANG DANG TA-DANG
DANG TA-DANG DANG TA-DANG

I was running faster now, hopping over the mammoth roots, ducking under the threatening branches, never once breaking down my pace. Completely drenched in rain, sweat and blood, I ran. As fast as I could.
The dark force was within touching distance now, behind me. A voice surrounded me – 

Suck and
Suck!
Suckin' up all you can, suckin' up all you can suck and suck
Workin' up under my patience like a little tick
Fat little parasite

I was nearing the cliff now, leading to an unfathomable abyss.

My blood is bruised and borrowed
You thievin' bastards, you have
Turned my blood cold and bitter
Beat my compassion black and
Blue!

Hope this is what you wanted
Hope this is what you had in mind
'Cause this is what you're gettin' 

50 yards… The dark force constantly pulling me back, trying to suck me in!

I hope you're chokin'
I hope you choke on this

20 yards…There was nothing left inside me. I gave myself one-final-push.

Taken all I can, taken all I can, we can take
Taken all you can, taken all you can, we can take
Got nothin' left to give to you…

5 yards…

'Cause this is what you're gettin'…

Then, I threw myself into the air! A sudden chill ran through my spine, as I continued falling down into the bottomless hole. The dark force and the voice followed, swooping down on me. Gravity, save me!

4:03:26 AM

I landed on soft sand. I was standing in the middle of a small, deserted island. Tall, majestic trees stood behind me and the silent sea patiently waiting in the front. The dark force and the voice had disappeared. A different kind of music was in the air, instilling an emotion of serenity.
The clouds started whispering.
I was slowly being hypnotized by the wind.
I dropped onto my knees, and bent forward digging my palms into the pure, white sand.  I was overcome with a feeling of profound respect. If god had a Tool to create music… this would be it!

4:05:50 AM The Pause

Everything came to a standstill. It was just the wind now. I was suddenly enlightened! All this time, I was running away in fear, in the wrong direction. There was no dark force chasing me away. This place was MINE. I created this. I belonged here.

4:05:56 AM

IT WAS BACK! The dark force, the spirit, started pulling me into the sea. This time, I didn’t run. Instead, I let myself free. I was being sucked in by a black hole. It was about time.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Suuuuuuuuuuck Me dryyyyyyy! Suck!
Suck me dry!

4:06:48 AM

DANG TA-DANG DANG TA-DANG

I could feel God’s rage now, his indignation at the state of the things as they were, instead of being as they were ought to be! YES! Now, He had a device to control us mortals. I felt like the victim of a supernatural power, my body convulsing in sudden spasms. Only, this was not pain. THIS… This was raw exaltation.

DANG TA-DANG DANG TA-DANG

Is this what you wanted?!
Is this what you had in mind?!
Is this what you wanted?!
'Cause this is what you're gettin'

I hope!
I hope!
I hope!
You choke!

4:08:10 AM

It ended. I opened my eyes, engulfed by a sense of quiet satisfaction.



4 comments:

  1. I like the way you use poetry in your blogs cmus ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha... google the above mentioned poetry and VOILA!
    But, thanks Manu, you just gave me an idea! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this while listening to the song. Makes much more sense[i hope].

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol cumes, manu thought you became a poet and all.. Btw you can thank the awesome me for blah blah blah.. Didn't know you're secretly listening to Tool and all. Good going! :P

    ReplyDelete