The Happening Trips!


The time of senseless chatter and jibber jabber is gone. We are all working professionals now. Where is the time for all that nonsense I say? Five days a week, we are all busy earning money for our overseas clients. It’s just the weekends when we get some time to breathe. So, come Friday, we bright engineers, want to just get out of this busy city life, hang out a bit and go back to those college days. So, my overpaid-tronix-mate initiated this time.

A road trip! Yes yes! We should have a road trip!


Thanks to C2C – College to corporate transition, now we were more responsible. More organized. We discussed in groups and came up with some meticulous plans. Which are the good places around Bangalore? Let’s start with the nearest place as it’s our first bike trip? (Yeah, can you believe that?! At least, MY first one) A good idea! So, we laid out the pros and cons of each place and finally decided on one. The deal was made! We signed in blood - Saturday morning, 7 am - departure from Bangalore. YAY! Our FIRST bike trip!

A complete disaster! It just… never… happened.

WHY?

There are many reasons for a “happening” trip. The top ones being, One: Apathy. And two: lack of commitment.  Yes, this time I’m guilty as charged. Bite me. We just keep on exchanging our brilliant thoughts and ideas without really getting into the groove. 

Hogenakkal falls will be AWESOME at this time of the year!

Skandagiri night trek – total kickass!

Anywhere dude! Let’s just GO!

Yeah. The next day, that anywhere turns out to be the bean bag in front of the idiot box or the programmable machine. 

And sometimes, there is this third reason – the safe guy syndrome. Every group has at least one safe guy. My overpaid-tronix-mate sent me a message - you should definitely write about this trip, and about the safe guy syndrome. Hey, everyone thinks I’m the bad guy here. This was aaall your idea bro! Now, I have two different views on what exactly a safe guy means. I’m not sure which one my dear friend was referring to (I would bet on the latter). Nevertheless.

Safe guy 1 

This is the guy who likes to play it safe. You know, the ones who can’t decide for nuts, whether they can make it to the trip or not. Still, they have to be the harbingers of hope.  I think I’ll also come with you guys tomorrow. I’ll let you know by evening. Nice, more the merrier! But, I know safe guy’s evening reply. The group knows safe guy’s evening reply. Safe guy knows safe guy’s evening reply. Hey, sorry da, I can’t make it. Got some work. Surprise surprise!

Safe guy 2

This is the Moses in every group. He leads us fellow Hebrews away from any possible trouble. A prophet, you can say. An individual who is claimed to have been contacted by the supernatural or the divine, and serves as an intermediary with humanity, delivering this newfound knowledge from the supernatural entity to other people- Wikipedia

A night trek? Are you sure? 

Dude, it might rain tomorrow. It’s risky to go to that place if it rains!

You want to go soooo far?! If we don’t return before it gets dark, then we are screwed.

Yeah! And what if Halley, the gentleman, calls upon a meeting, “Members of the comet Brotherhood, I am sick and tired of sitting idle all day long, doing absolutely nothing! I am NOT going to wait for another half century. It’s about time. I’m going right now to give a "flying" kiss to mama Earth, and express my new found love! Adios brothers!”
You din’ think of THAT now Mr. Safe guy, did ya?

Now, there is a chance that Safe guy would rationalize his comments/actions. He could say that he is just ensuring our safety by laying out all the possible threats. After all, in the end, it is left for us to decide whether to consider those risks and go ahead with our plans. A disclaimer! Well, in such a situation, I have these two magic words which I have learnt by-heart from my good old Delhi pals.


Abey CHUP!


2 comments:

  1. abey kaminey.., road trip gaya ya nahi????

    ReplyDelete
  2. dakkan! angrezi padna nai aati kya? "A complete disaster! It just… never… happened." :P
    saale kaminey dost!

    ReplyDelete