Bon appétit



“I never knew you could cook so well, Ram,” Priya said with a mouthful of Ram’s special dish.

Lifting her fork again, she asked, “What is this, anyway?”


Ram chuckled softly and said, “If I tell you that, I’d have to kill you.”

Priya laughed.

“Yeah, right. But, it’s definitely unlike anything I’ve ever eaten,” she said, slowly munching on her food.

“I sure hope so,” Ram said with a smile, “and don’t ask for more. That’s the last of it.”

 “Ah, too bad. Hmm... you know, Suri called me again yesterday evening,” she told him, referring to her ex-boyfriend.

“And?”

“The usual drama,” she sighed. “You’ve to help me with this, Ram. That man is still living in the past. Seriously, he eats my brains out.”

“Quid pro quo, Priya. Always works,” Ram said solemnly.

“Yeah, if only I was capable of doing that,” Priya said, rolling her eyes, “To Suri, of all people.”

“It’s funny,” Ram said, looking thoughtfully at her half-empty plate, how we are blissfully unaware of our true capabilities.” 




P.S. -  Indian colloquialisms are really interesting. 'I am like this only' , 'Give me a missed call when you reach there', 'He's eating my head / He eats my brains out', 'My stomach is paining' and so on. The last one slips out of my tongue often.



12 comments:

  1. Whoa.
    Btw, that "if I told you I'd have to kill you" has been made popular by one Hannibal. But even though I guessed where it was going, I still had to read the ending twice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was used on purpose. :) Dr. Lecter is one extraordinary character. But, I was just playing around with the lines and it ended up...well, like this.

      Delete
  2. Good work. Although you gave it away at, “If I tell you that, I’d have to kill you.”, it still ended perfectly. Who knows.? Ram could be an intern with Dr. Lecter..;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, I'll be more subtle next time. :)

      As if Dr. Lecter wasn't enough, now you want an intern as well? Dude, your soul is more twisted than mine.

      Delete
  3. So, finally Suri thale thinde bitla avalu? adu gothilde ne...how sad.

    I like this Ram character. :)

    Well written, dude - good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaantam paapam. Haagantha elli helde naanu?

      I hope that it's strictly from a writer's perspective that you like Ram. :]

      Thank you. :)

      Delete
    2. I liked Ram from my perspective...and I'm a writer - now go figure ;-)

      Delete
    3. Damn! I'm not able to get a good comeback for that. :D

      Delete
  4. Lulz Dr. Lecter illa yenilla. Shivajinagaradalli sigo Bow-Bow biryani adu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naanu Priya badlu Jaggi antha hesru idbekagitthu.

      Delete
  5. Whoa ... It has been a while since I read your blog and looks like I missed some good stuff. Nice work da ... :-)

    ReplyDelete